Coachella Star Test: Theo from Hurts talks ripped suits, Hawaiian shirts & David Lynch, therogue.co.uk

« Older   Newer »
bloodNoir.
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/4/2011, 21:26

CITAZIONE
Coachella Star Test: Theo from Hurts talks ripped suits, Hawaiian shirts & David Lynch

Coachella interview part two – this time Francesca Babb talks to Theo Hutchcraft, the impeccable Hurts frontman and consumer of all things verynicethankyouverymuch. Sounds like Hawaiian shirts are going to be big this season…

What’s the one item in your wardrobe you wouldn’t want to ruin at a gig?

I’ve got this amazing Armani jacket, a long suit jacket and it’s so amazing, and so amazing to wear on stage but I always panic, because I had a favourite blue Aquascutum suit and I ripped the jacket fully down the back at a gig. But that’s the problem because I like to wear my best clothes, but they always get ruined.

Who’s your style hero?

I like David Lynch. He’s a cool old man. Tom Waits is a cool old man too. I quite like the idea of being an old man. Old men in Italy are cooler than the young people.

What’s your clothes shopping game plan?

Every time I go out to buy clothes, I come back with the same things. It’s almost a joke, I come back with a white shirt, a black shirt, vests and black socks every single time I go out. But I don’t really buy clothes very often. I’m very sentimental about them, so I don’t really go shopping very often. I always know what I want, but often what I want, I can’t find. I wanted a cape, a cloak, and it took me six months to find one. I got it from an army surplus store in Spitalfields and it was so brilliant. It had a shirt collar and it was sky blue, with big silver buttons and great shoulders. It was so perfect and then I lost it in Zurich.

Do you have any fashion pet hates?

There’s lots. When blokes get clothes that don’t fit. There’s not fitting you in a cool way, but it gets on my nerves. And I can’t handle v-necks, deep vs, it makes me cringe. Do girls find that attractive? Really?

What’s new about your look this summer?

Well, it’s summer, so I wear stuff that’s not black or white. But I’ve got an amazing Hawaiian shirt I’m going to wear, I like summer, there’s ways to dress in the summer – I used to have this amazing pair of beige shorts that made me look like Indiana Jones, but I ripped them. And these amazing light blue slacks, and high waisted beige slacks, like Dean Martin on holiday – that’s what I’m trying to achieve.

Fonte: therogue.co.uk

0 replies since 19/4/2011, 21:26   68 views